Our Friday Fun Connections is once a month for our families. Our aim is to build stronger relationships in families and stronger connections with the community by doing purposeful projects.
The theme changes each month where we work with non for profit organization's to support communities. Most of the projects are connections Gordon-Pymble Uniting Church have built over many years.
All are welcome, whether you be single, have a family or want to make a difference. The majority of the families have children in year 5 to year 8 in primary and high school.
Come join us for fun evenings from 6.30pm for pizza, games and group activities. We also provide parenting topics each quarter which can include technology, transitioning into High School through to family responsibilities. All very topical.
Some of the projects in 2023:
- Playdough making for preschoolers
- Clean up Australia Day
- Making ANZAC biscuits for Uniting Aged Care
- Supporting Emergency Relief Food for Lifeline and making "Thank You" packs, thanking Volunteers for their work
- Making Christmas Puddings for Lindara Christmas Hampers.
- Uniting World Trivia Fundraiser
- Supporting Margaret Jurd College. Buying school shoes for those in need
- Sewing sustainable boomerang bags for libraries and shopping centres
- Learn to Knit or Crochet (knit with love project).
$15 per person. Booking is essential through our website. Bring a friend, the more the merrier.
18 Cecil Street, Gordon
If you have any questions, please call Courtney on 0402644633. If there are project you would like us to get involved with, please let us know.