Our Friday Fun Connections is once a month for our families. Our aim is to build stronger relationships in families and stronger connections with the community by doing purposeful projects.
The theme changes each month where we work with non for profit organization's to support communities. Most of the projects are connections Gordon-Pymble Uniting Church have built over many years.
All are welcome, whether you be single, have a family or want to make a difference. The majority of the families have children high school.
Come join us for fun evenings from 6.30pm for a delicous home-cooked meal followed by a group project.
Some of the projects in 2023:
- Playdough making for preschoolers
- Clean up Australia Day
- Making ANZAC biscuits for Uniting Aged Care homes
- Supporting Emergency Relief Food for Lifeline and making "Thank You" packs, thanking Volunteers for their work
- Making Christmas Puddings for Lindara Christmas Hampers.
- Uniting World Trivia Fundraiser
- Supporting Margaret Jurd College. Buying school shoes for those in need,
- Sewing sustainable boomerang bags for libraries and shopping centres,
- Learn to Knit or Crochet (knit with love project).
$15 per person or $50 a family as it includes food. Booking is essential through our website. Bring a friend, the more the merrier.
18 Cecil Street, Gordon
If you have any questions, please call Courtney on 0402 644 633. If there are project you would like us to get involved with, please let us know.
"A sincere thank you to the Families of Friday Fun Connections for the thoughtful and generous gifts presented this morning to Lindara volunteers at the GPUC service held at Pymble uniting church. I shall ensure the gifts reach the volunteers and I am sure the volunteers will be surprised and delighted.
How wonderful it is for you all to be thinking of and recognising the contributions made by volunteers who work towards the well-being of families needing help in our community. God Bless!"
Philip Crawford, Lindara Chair